Thursday, February 4, 2010

Release Sneak Peek: Just a Note

It's time for a look at the third stamp set in the Wplus9 Design Studio's debut release! I am excited about this set because I haven't run across many of it's kind and certainly not one this robust. They may be out there, but I haven't seen them. So I am very excited to share Just a Note with you. This set was purposely made a little larger in scale and is perfect for adding to your scrapbook pages.

Just a Note contains 20 stamps; 13 images, and 7 sentiments.

When I started designing this set, I quickly realized it had such an elegant feel. This first card, a 5x5 square, embodies that feeling to a "T", using one sentiment and just one image.

I just loved the swirls in that paper so much, I had to accentuate them by adding some pearls. The simple layout helps to balance all of the movement and visual interest the paper brings. And check out that font! It's as if it was created just for this set.

Don't let the elegance fool you, this set can be fun too. In my next card I was so inspired by Maile's card that I just couldn't wait to CASE it (I love my design team!)!

Here I used many of the images, 9 to be exact, to create a vibrant fun background. For the sentiment, I used 2 of the sentiments "A Note" and "of love" and finished it off with 1 of the ornamental images also included in the set. A completely different look from the same set, what do you think? (Thanks Maile!)

And finally, I decided to show how easy it is to create those quick all purpose notes (no pun intended) in bulk to keep on hand when you need a little something fast (these would have come in handy for me the other night).

Here I kept it very simple by cutting 4x4 cards in a couple of different colors. I then arranged the notes on my acrylic block vertically and inked them up. Now all I had to do was stamp the left side of each card base. The "A Note" sentiment in the corner finishes off the front.

Now all I had to do was stamp the insides with a different sentiment for each. A quick set of "notes" ready whenever I need them. Or even a great gift for a friend.

I can't not express how much all of your comments and support mean to me. I love reading the comments in the morning...at work...in the car...while bathing the kids, you get the point. ;o) So thanks again, so much! I am having so much fun sharing the sets with you.

Wplus9Design Team

The Design Team is hard at work putting together samples to share with you all. And today I would like to share a not so little something from Savitri. She has put together a stunning, fun, and colorful scrapbook page using bits and pieces of the three sets we have preview so far: Love Birds, Funky Foliage, and Just a Note.

Be sure to stop by and leave her a comment! We are down to the last preview...any guesses on what it may be?

16 comments:

  1. wow! fabulous design!! very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This set looks gorgeous! I definitely see a lot of potential in it ;)I'd love to use it on layouts as well as on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet set, dawn!-love the stamped backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm dying for your store to open! I am so impressed! The font is beautiful!

    Guesses on the 4th set...um, a background set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo--really excited about this set--looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn, these are so cute!! love your quick set of note cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another wonderful set, can't wait for the release!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations Dawn! I feel so special, you CASED my card (so glad you liked it)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these two cards! I love the stamps already but you never cease to amaze me! As I told you before I love how elegant and beautiful this stamp set is - and you even made it funky! Great jobb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! Just getting caught up on things a bit! Elise is a dear blog friend of mine and I am so happy that you chose her for your design team. I am loving all of your sneak peaks! Not a great time to be trying to save money! I am loving them all! Congratulations to you and wishing you the best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are CLEARLY on fire, girl! These samples are SMOKIN' hot - Ooooooowweeeeee! I love your style and Maile and Savitri - WAHOOOOOOO! Great stuff across the board! Great momentum here, lovely one! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am loving this set! I think it's my favorite so far! I am so excited to see all of the sets! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo...love the music notes!! I can see so many uses for them! You have a rockin' DT and I can't wait to see your stamps and their inspiration with them!:>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I just stumbled across your blog, and can't wait for your store to open!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wish I had seen your black and white card above before sending off an anniversary greeting to my son and daughter-in-law. Will have to "lift" that layout another time. It's awesome! LOVE IT - LOVE IT - LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest