Monday, February 22, 2010

Moxie Fab Challenge: Fun With Floss

When I saw this challenge, I just knew I wanted to play along. And luckily I made some time this weekend to get inky!

Cath over at Moxie Fab World, challenged us to have fun with floss, and oh how much fun could be had...but alas, I only had blue floss on hand (must remedy that this week). So I pulled out the SU! Nursery Necessities stamp set, and decided to do a baby boy card. This is what I came up with.

I drew in some waves and came in with a backstitch using blue floss. Tip: I pre-pierce the holes with my needle and then come back in and stitch. Amongst those waves I nestled a little sail boat. I finished it off with a bow and a tag. Super simple card, but it sure does look like it took much more effort than it did! Love it when it turns out that way. ;o) Here's a close up of those little waves.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your week is off to a good start!

It's A Boy Project Supplies

Stamps
Nursery Necessities by SU!
Ink
Real Read, Chocolate Chip by SU!; Spring Rain by PTI
Paper
Real Red cardstock by SU!; Spring Rain, Rustic Cream by PTI
Other
vintage buttons, cream ribbon, twine by PTI; blue floss by DMC

21 comments:

  1. absolutely darling...love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE what you did with the embroidery floss. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally CUTE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this concept! It looks like a definite winner to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too sweet! I love it! I also got my stamps in today, Thanks for the fast shipping! I can't wait to ink them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have resisted the rainbow of floss at the craft store! Have fun shopping! I can't wait to see more with floss from you becasue this lil boy card is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this si precious, dawn! very creative way to use the floss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your stitched waves!! fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!!!! I love what you did with the waves. How creative...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute Dawn!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love this card. I just discovered your blog. You are extremely talented. I look forward to participating in your challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMIGOSH...seriously this is the cutest thing EVER

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must have enjoyed this challenge--you commented on my hand stitched card a couple of weeks ago--your card is AMAZING:) LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You rocked this challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the compliment on my Fun With Floss entry! Your card is ADORABLE!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just fabulous Dawn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I am absolutely in love with this card!!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way too adorable! Love the stitched waves, awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Dawn! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely darling!!! Love those stitched little waves and the sweet little boat!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest