Monday, March 15, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge with Fabric

So my Practicing Creativity stamp set "Look Up" by the fabulous Courtney Baker arrived in the mail on Friday. I was so excited to ink that baby up, and what better way to use it than in an Embellish Magazine challenge?!

This stamp set and those colors...it was destiny. The fabric did throw me at first. But I used a 2" wide piece of twill that I had left over from some packaging for a quilt. That qualifies as fabric, right?

What do you think? Super cute stamp set, huh?! And the best part is that it's by the super sweet Courtney. Now, you would think that Courtney and I would not be so "friendly" with each other. Considering the fact that we are both starting up our own stamp lines. But quite the opposite is true! I love the fact that I can email Courtney with questions and she is totally open to answering if she knows. And I'm flattered that she feels comfortable enough to email me with questions as well. I only wish we had known that we both were setting out on this adventure at the same time...we joke that we'd of made a fantastic team!

I highly recommend this set and if you haven't gotten yours yet...you should! You'll be seeing more of it here.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget you still have 1 more day to play along in the current Color Cue.

19 comments:

  1. thanks, dawn--somehow i missed your flickr group!
    your card is beautiful--your photography of it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so cute and fun. I adore it.You inspired me on my bead colors again also. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Dawn! I love that big scallop border punch--it's been on my wish list for a while! Love how you doubled it up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Dawn!! Both you and Courtney are so talented and I love the stamps that you gals created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, I love the lego setting! The card is great too, wonderfully crafted on how the balloons balance out the scallops and the twill and button turned on its side resemble a balloon itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and love the set from Courtney! I really want to get it:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Dawn! I really like those air hot balloons! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card SO much, Dawn! You totally rocked the Embellish challenge!

    You and Court are some of my most favorite stamp designers- I love both of your companies! Glad that you guys can relate to each other. I know there are big things in store for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you used those colors! fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute design, Dawn! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So bright and fun! Love the big scallops and twill. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn you are too sweet! I love this card! And I am so glad that we've been able to help each other, it's so much more fun this way! And I have to tell you I made a card with my tree set that I'm totally in love with... I seriously can't wait to show you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a strikingly gorgeous card, Dawn! Love that ;) Courtney's set is super cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! I love the way you photographed it with some legos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUCH gorgeous work! I'm honored to know and adore you both! I've recently received this set and I CAN'T WAIT to play! YOU and Courtney BOTH have such excellent design sense and your images are unique and BEAUTIFUL to you both - so MORE fun for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card, Dawn!!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dawn, I love what you did with that challenge and that cute stamp set. Twill totally counts as fabric! I got my stamp set of Friday too and I couldn't wait to ink it up either. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dawn, this is just awesome! You are such an inspiration! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest