Monday, March 1, 2010

Inspired by Savitri

I love my design team! Have I said that lately? I do. They are such amazing, supportive, inspiring, and CREATIVE ladies. This card is for them, and you, all of you who continue to inspire me everyday and encourage me to keep creating.

OK, enough sappiness. (I'm emotionally retarded and that huge show of emotion makes me uncomfortable) LMAO So on to today's card...which was inspired by this lovely card by Savitri.

Super simple card, seriously...simple. I used one of the tree tops again from Funky Foliage to create the petals and trimmed. I used a sentiment from Giga Guidelines by Papertrey Ink, and added some faux stitching for the stem and around the outside. Then I just added a large button for the center of the flower and tied some ribbon around the bottom. It's elementary baby!

I have found so many uses for the Funky Foliage set, besides trees, I wonder how many different uses there are? Hmm...have to find out. Hope you had a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!

Thank You Project Supplies

Cardstock
Stampin' Up! in Going Gray, Papertrey Ink in Stampers Select
Stamps
Funky Foliage by Wplus9 Design Studio; Giga Guidelines by Papertrey Ink
Ink
Colorbox Chalk Ink
Other
Whisper White Ribbon by Stampin' Up!; Lemon Tart vintage buttons by Papertrey Ink; White gelly roll pen by Sakura

10 comments:

  1. Aaaaaw, how sweet!! I'm so glad I was able to inspire you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!!! The color combo are just awesome and the faux branch. SUPERB, my friend!!! I think this is my favorite set! I love all the things you can do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! This card is simply beautiful! You've got some amazing stuff going on, girl! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I LOVE this card! I think I'll have to try making a flower like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, dawn, for the inspiration! this set is so versatile! sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! I love the flower and button center. I had to laugh about being emotionally retarded - me too! Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn... Love this. So cute. I think I'm off to get this one. Still can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is done in a creative way, Dawn!! Love how you combined two different stamp set to create one image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooooooooo cute! I just adore your bold and sophisticated design EYE! Just makes me melt! Of course, lovely Savitri is always inspiring...!!!! But, the two-o-youds.... just slay me! This is DARLING, darling, D-A-R-L-I-N-G!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest